Denise M. Blommel is Of Counsel for the ASU Law Group and an attorney in solo private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona. A former field attorney with the National Labor Relations Board and a former Assistant Chief Counsel of the Industrial Commission of Arizona, Denise represents employers and employees in labor and employment matters. She is a member of the State Bar of Arizona, State Bar of Nevada, American Bar Association, Scottsdale Bar Association and the Arizona Employment Lawyers Association. Denise also serves on the Advisory Board for the Honors College of the University of Arizona and is a mediator for the U.S. Postal Service.
Denise is a frequent presenter for government, business, educational and community groups and taught Human Resources Law for the Arizona State University Master of Legal Studies Program in 2014 and 2015. Denise was awarded the State Bar of Arizona Employment & Labor Law Section Member of the Year award in 2014 and the State Bar of Arizona Member of the Year award in 1999.
Denise holds a Bachelor of Arts in Government and Economics, with Highest Distinction, Honors, Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi, from the University of Arizona. Her law degree is from Arizona State University.
Professional and Community Involvement
- U.S. Postal Service – Mediator
- State Bar of Arizona
- Past Chair – Employment & Labor Law Section
- Past Co-Chair – Workers’ Compensation Law Section
- Girl Scouts – Arizona Cactus-Pine Council – Board Member
- Thanks Badge award – 2000
- Thanks Badge II award – 2005
- St. Patrick Catholic Community – Eucharistic and Hospitality Minister
- Arizona Employment Law Handbook – Author
- Affordable Care Act article, Arizona Attorney Magazine, Co-author (2013)
- Two articles about Workers’ Compensation, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Medical Leave Act, Arizona Attorney Magazine, Author (April 1994 and April 1998)